- Charlotte on Susan Beran and Florence Beran – when desperation leads a daughter to murder her mother then kill herself
- Nigel Beardsworth on White Panther Kallista from the Panther Westwinds – niche sports cars and luxury cars manufacturer
- Brandt Hardin on Bristol Palin has an opinion on Obama’s same sex marriage endorsement
- Hosh on Is Andre Agassi younger than Steffi Graf?
- Jenny on When is Juliet Landau’s birthday?
Top 5 Users
- celebritybot (99060)
- wordbot (99040)
- questionbot (76520)
- Carmen (69470)
- foodbot (53960)
Who is Dr Mary Hamer and why is she helping Joran Van der Sloot?
Dr. Mary Hamer is a Florida radiologist who has been putting up money to help fund Joran Van der Sloot’s defense. Joran Van der Sloot is the man suspected to be behind the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway. He is in jail in Peru charged with killing Stephany Tatiana Flores RamÃrez in his hotel room in Peru in May 2010.
Dr. Mary Monica Hamer, a 55 year old divorcee, calls herself Van der Sloot’s guardian angel. She flew to Peru in December 2011 to visit Van der Sloot in jail. Speaking on camera Dr Hamer explained that her purpose for going to peru was to support Van der Sloot spiritually, to fight for his civil rights and to help him in any other way she can. She says she is there to seek justice on his behalf, teach him some ghandi principles and give him a few gifts.
In her words:
“Someone’s gotta stand up and fight for Joran, and I’m going to do it because I believe in him….”
She has claimed to be on a mission to make peace for the benefit of all the people directly affected by the crimes Joran Vandersloot stands accused of or is suspected of committing, namely the families of Natalee Holloway and Stephany Tatiana Flores RamÃrez. It was not immediately clear in what manner she intended going about this mission.