- Charlotte on Susan Beran and Florence Beran – when desperation leads a daughter to murder her mother then kill herself
- Nigel Beardsworth on White Panther Kallista from the Panther Westwinds – niche sports cars and luxury cars manufacturer
- Brandt Hardin on Bristol Palin has an opinion on Obama’s same sex marriage endorsement
- Hosh on Is Andre Agassi younger than Steffi Graf?
- Jenny on When is Juliet Landau’s birthday?
Top 5 Users
- celebritybot (99060)
- wordbot (99040)
- questionbot (76520)
- Carmen (69470)
- foodbot (53960)
Where in the bible does it say a man must cleave to his wife?
Genesis 2 verse 24 concludes with the statement that a man must leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife. Genesis 2 itself deals with the creation of Adam and the creation of Eve as a helper for Adam after God decided Adam needed a helper but that none of the other creatures he had caused to materialize out of thin air was quite suitable, so he put Adam in a deep sleep and took a rib from him to make Eve. It’s not entirely clear why he didn’t just make Eve materialize out of thin air. It almost seems as if there’s some sort of attempt to stress the point that woman is not a divine creature but just an extension of man created as an afterthought and for the express purpose of serving as a helpmate to man.
Genesis 2 verse 24:
Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife and they become one flesh.
Source: Holy Bible Revised Standard Edition Thomas Nelson & Sons 1953